While we live the last few days of winter in Australia, the weather forecast for the foreseeable future seems to be dreary, windy and rainy. So, in order to help you stay entertained and active during the colder weather and the continuing winter months, we have compiled a list of indoor and winter-appropriate activities. Also , what better way to follow our suggestions than a deal or bargain from our partners such as Toby Deals, Ozbargain or Groupon, which will have you enjoying the activities while only paying around 20-30% of the original recommended price.
So what can you be enjoying in the colder wetter months?
- Skiing. Nothing takes the bite out of the winter months than the anticipation of the skiing season. The fresh air, the snow slopes, the exercise and let's not forget the apres ski hot chocolate or brandy by the fire. Can life get any better? Well apparently it can. Our partner Groupon are presenting amazing skiing deals, which include Deals Combined OzBargain stays in Jindabyne and Thredbo for 50% off. Check out our Deals Combined ski deals! We have also gone a step further and brought you discounts from Groupon and Ozbargain on chair lifts and ski equipment hire. The discounts range from 35 to 70%, depending on the supplier.
- While we're on the topic of skiing, when you're high up on the mountains, what better way to actually capture the scenery than to send a drone flying up? We have secured some amazing deals from our partners Toby deals and Groupon to bring you more than 19 different types of drones (some with amazing built in cameras) at more than 50% off.
- Indoor Climbing. Escaping the rain, getting fit and getting the adrenaline pumping. Nothing says winter fitness like a good old indoor climbing session. Since Ozbargain aren't offering any deals at the moment, we have looked at our partner Groupon and found more than 30 indoor rock climbing deals by Groupon. The cheapest being $29 for 2 people including all equipment hire. And if the music at the venue is particularly motivating for you? Check out our Deals Combined Toby Deals for the latest phones where you can pump any more you wish.
- Ice Skating. Stuck in the city in winter and yearning to be in the snow? Why not do the next best thing and actually go ice skating. There are 16 Groupon ice skating deals at Deals Combined where you can ice skate for as little as $10. In Sydney, the deals are spread between Macquarie Park, Alexandria and Moore Park. We checked out Ozbargain and couldn't find any ice skating deals at the moment, so we will keep ice skating with our deals from Groupon, Cudo and Toby deals.
- Winter meals. Now that's an area where we can spoil you rotten. Our partners have been delivering straight to our Deals Combined engine some very tasty treats. From winter degustation menus by Groupon to hearty winter restaurant and pub meals. We checked out the current deals on our Deals Combined Ozbargain section and found 2 deals which we have now incorporated as well. From Winter Warmers Banquets in Byron Bay to a chef's winter chocolate tasting platter in one of Sydney's finest hotels. Eat up, enjoy life and maybe even have a glass or mulled wine by the fire (or 4).
- Winter warmer beauty package. Nothing beats the chill more than a hot stone massage at a top beauty establishment and our partner Groupon delivers more than 30 deals today, saving you around 65% or recommended retail price. Need more pampering, include a facial, a manicure or a pedicure on top of the hot stone massage. Need even more pampering, buy one of the ridiculously reduced smart phone packages from Deals Combined Toby Deals and ensure that your phone is playing relaxing , meditation music as you drift away, warm , relaxed and soothed. We have checked out Ozbargain for hot stone massage deals and for the time being, found none.
- Exercise indoors. No need to get soaked getting to the gym. Our Deals Combined Ozbargain section offers you gym equipment at a hugely discounted rate. Pick up an indoor trampoline, a jumping rope, hand weights. And don't forget to visit Deals Combined Toby Deals for a large monitor so you can exercise to free Youtube videos. Also at Toby Deals section on our website are smart watches to measure your heart rate and monitor and record your every move.
- Rug up warm while you watching a movie on Netflix. Our Deals Combined Toby Deals have a great special on Rumpl original puffy blanket (less than half price). Perfect for those cold nights when you don't want to waste too much power on heating. As for which movie to watch? We leave that up to you, although we just heard that there is a new free streaming service which has launched in Australia today. According to new.com.au, there are 3000 titles, although they are of the less popular kind and may not be hot releases. It's still worth checking out. We had a look at Ozbargain for blankets deals, either electrical or non-electrical and found none today, so we won't be including Ozbargain in this specific deal.
- Brave the winds and go for a jog. After warming up , the cold wind against your very warm cheeks would feel wonderful. Ensure that you have checked out our Deals Combined Toby Deals section and bought some Bluetooth headphones as we are offering them at 65%. Blare some club music and run in the wind. Just make sure you come back quick if it starts raining. For the best Toby deals headphones , have a look here.
We hope that our guide has inspired you to keep entertained, fit and healthy, even in the heart of winter. After all, balance is the spice of life and after indulging in the many winter meals deals we offer, the many activities will sure burn those extra calories. Happy winter months everyone !